The VICO is hiring! Find all the details in the job posting below:
Are you a talented arts administrator, looking to fill a gap in the jigsaw puzzle of your freelance professional life? The Vancouver Inter-Cultural Orchestra is hiring a part-time Operations Manager. We are a small organization in a period of exciting expansion, seeking a competent, creative administrator to help us ride the waves of growing interest in our programming regionally, nationally and internationally.
With a roster that includes musicians and composers of Asian, Middle Eastern, North American & European backgrounds, the VICO brings together a truly diverse group of artists and administrators who are not only talented in their own individual practice, but also creative, flexible and willing to work unusually hard at communicating across cultural and stylistic differences. We are proud to have been described as “the United Nations of music” (CBC Radio), “a world music super-group” (the Vancouver Sun), and “music that sounds like Vancouver looks” (The Georgia Straight). We are looking for a like-minded individual to join our core administrative team.
Hours & pay
– Average of 10 hours/week to start, with potential for more
– $22-$25/hour based on level of experience
Tasks & responsibilities
– Calendar management & internal communications
– Project management support for senior artistic staff
– Financial management
– Board engagement & volunteer coordination
– Previous experience in non-profit/arts administration, including financial management
– Comfortable working as part of a virtual team, using e-mail, Dropbox, Google docs, Skype & other online tools to collaborate & share information
– Previous experience with the worlds of contemporary classical and/or world music is an asset
– Fluent in English (spoken and written); competency in languages other than English is an asset
– Attention to detail; ability to process many different types of information, organize/prioritize, & maintain clear communication within the team about tasks and deadlines
– Facility with Word, Excel, & online tools mentioned above
– Strong writing/editing skills in English are an asset
How to apply
– Please submit a cover letter & resumé to Melanie Thompson at email@example.com (subject line: Operations Manager) by April 18, 2019
– Short-listed candidates will be contacted to schedule in-person interviews in late April.