SUPPORT A UNIQUE CANADIAN RECORDING PROJECT: MUSIC IN THE KEY OF THE WORLD
This will be our second full-length release, BUT the first to feature the orchestra on its own (our debut album, Mystics & Lovers, was a collaboration with Laudate Singers).
- Lost and Found by Dorothy Chang
- The King is Dancing by Moshe Denburg
- Gypsy Chronicles by John Oliver
- Suite Concertante by Farshid Samandari.
These pieces showcase a colourful and diverse range of instruments, repertoire and musical styles – from fully composed to improvised, and from very post-minimalist to post-modern music. We aim to produce an album that is nothing less than a ground-breaking fusion of world music and contemporary classical music.
We are thrilled and grateful to have received a grant from Creative BC’s “Amplify BC” funding program, to cover part of the costs of this project. We are fundraising to cover the rest!
LINK TO OUR INDIEGOGO CAMPAIGN: http://igg.me/at/vico-album
A snapshot of the project:
- 25 musicians
- 5 composers
- 1 producer, 1 engineer, 1 studio assistant, & admin support for all of the above
- June 25-26, 2019: recording at Armoury Studios
- July-August 2019: mixing, mastering, album artwork design, pre-release marketing campaign
- Sept. 1, 2019: official release date!
DONATE NOW and unlock fun perks, from digital download codes and/or physical copies of the album (just like buying the album in the ordinary way – only pre-release as opposed to later on) to more exciting benefits like VICO season passes or a chance to watch our recording session at Armoury Studios next week.
Thank you for your support!